[V4RB] Error 348

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Feb 29 16:17:05 CST 2004

on 2/29/04 12:58 PM, Beatrix Willius at mail at beatrixwillius.de wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> I somehow managed to corrupt a Valentina database. Opening in Valentina
> Carbon gives the error message 348 "Error of inventory page of varchar
> field."
>
> - How can this happen?

Crash?

> - Can I repair the database myself? The file is about 20 MB.

XML dump usually only a way.

> - A xml dump in Valentina Carbon kills the application. A sql dump is
> not possible (gives the same error message).

* So you can open your db in VAPP, yes?
    you can see structure of tables, yes?

* then try to make DIAGNOSE to see what tables are corrupted.

* if you keep .vdb file separately from .dat file then you can move .vdb
file in other folder to see if this is all right, i.e. That there is no
corruption in system tables.

* also you can try EXPORT to TEXT files.

> - Opening the database in my RB application gives no error message,
> only a seemingly empty one. How can I show the error message in RB?
>
> I need to make more tests, if I can reproduce this.

Probably hard corruption.
So even cannot eat it.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com