To all plugin developers. Request new features

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Feb 29 10:21:30 CST 2004

on 2/29/04 1:40 AM, Alfred Van Hoek at vanhoek at mac.com wrote:

> Binding has never been done by developers, while there appears to be a
> growing demand. I am sure this will be addressed too. Of course we can put
> some pressure here, by voting to existing reports. That's probably the best
> we could do.

Right, Alfred. So let's do at least this.

I have sent 2 links to Valentina list already and they have grow from 1-3
counters to 15. Not many yet. I wonder if you guys have own lists for users
of your plugins. Push this there. May be on NUG lists.

------------------
This is extended list of links useful for GOOD PLUGINS.
Please, everybody add your vote if you agree with that feature in RB.

1) Request to Object Binding for plugins (15 votes now)
http://support.realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=xcfpjngs

2) Request to fix BUG with default parameters: (14 votes now)
http://support.realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=kzgxwbxg

3) Request to make REAL DB API based on interfaces (12 votes)
http://support.realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=lxgjpfxw

4) Long Long Integer and other numeric types (54 votes)
http://support.realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=iatmsfre

5) methods of plugins and intrinsic classes should be virtual, too (1 vote)
http://support.realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=jvotjpbh

6) Make listbox capabable of dynamically loading data. (22 vote)
http://support.realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=hdwllafm

7) Enum types (7 votes)
http://support.realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=lyurlswx

***
8) DataControl must depend on interface
    ???

9) DataControl must be overdriven in plugin, with adding of new properties
    ???

10) RB DB API must allow parameters for Filed Types
    ???

11) RB DB API must allow new field types from plugins.
    ???

If somebody know another important feature request, please submit to me,
Let's grow this list together and periodically will ask our
plugin users to vote.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com