Vapp 1.10 and new databases and RB5.4.2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 27 10:03:26 CST 2004

on 2/27/04 5:14 AM, Chuck at rwc1717 at shaw.ca wrote:

> Hi Ruslan:
> If I create the objectptr object in VAPP, I can set the target to the table.
> This
> worked fine when I upgraded my older database.
> In my new program, when the database is created the target value of the
> objectptrs does not seem to getting passed.  When I open VAPP the table are
> highlighted in red instead of blue and I cannot browse without first
> correcting this in
> the 'Define Fields'.
> I asked for and got reports telling me the databases are fine using your
> utilities and they do seem fine as I use them.
>
> The older databases were upgraded using VAPP and I am able to use them
> inside both my app and yours...any ideas...below is the coding.
>
> MyDb as VDatabase
>
> Sub MyDB()
> mA = new boAct(self)
>
> Properties - mA as boAct
>
> boAct as VBaseObject
>
> Sub boAct(InDatabase as MyDb)
>
> name = "active"
> idfld = new Vstring("id",25,"Ascii","Kv_Indexed)
> mAptr = new VObjectPtr("activeptr",Indatabase.MyDb,kV_SetNull)
>
> Properties - idfld as Vstring
> maptr as VObjectptr

As I understand problem not in RB code, yes?

So you have old db files (what means old? What version?)
You open db files in VAPP 1.10

And you get empty target for ObjectPtr?

IF to make XML dump of converted db,
what you see in field TARGET?

And you say that converted db, with RED BaseObjects,
Works in your RB app?
strange

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com