Strategy for Valentina Deployment

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 27 00:43:05 CST 2004

on 2/27/04 12:25 AM, James Kleinschmidt at jkleins at shentel.net wrote:

>> If you plan to use Vserver you need VDN also.
>> In fact VDN Platform includes V4RB LOCAL.
>>
>> So if you think you need VDN please contact me off list.
>
> What is VDN?

VDN -- is Valentina Developer Network.

Subscribed to VDN get license of Valentina Embedded Server.

IMPORTANT IS:
    having such license you can deploy even million of copies of
    Valentina Server (with 5 connections) with your Application.

> I have been using the server version with my serial number
> without any problems.

No, this is not right.

You have V4RB LOCAL.
Serials are only for V4RB LOCAL.

To work with Vserver you use V4RB_Client, yes?
In fact all clients are FREE.
So V4RB Client just ignore your serials.

And Vserver demo work during one month, then you need get new demo license
form our site.

> At the time I bought it I was told the two were included in the price.

Hmm, two what?

I see only these my word sin prev letter to you:
    James, this is our target to be able work with both local and remote db.
    As far as I know any other db cannot do this.

But this is talk about TECHNICAL problem to use both LOCAL and REMOTE
plugins in the same app.

> I haven't tested it on anything big and not since august or so. Maybe that was
> just for the beta versions?

James, I think you have understand something wrong.

In any case. IF you going develop app with embedded Valentina Server,
You will need VDN subscription.

And VDN price, yes, includes both:
    Embedded Vserve + V4RB LOCAL

Contact me off list if you want discuss this

> Thanks for the help. Version 2.0 seems like what I need. ;-)

In fact I say that you can ignore BaseObjects in 1.x
And just use Database -> Cursor -> Fields.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com