Strategy for Valentina Deployment

James Kleinschmidt jkleins at shentel.net
Thu Feb 26 17:25:11 CST 2004

On Feb 26, 2004, at 10:49 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> You mean REAL DB ?
>
> Why you want to have it in project ??????????????  :-)
> I can understand Valentina and mySQL and Oracle.
>
> But what sense for RBDB if you will have Valentina?

No actually I mean the API that REAL provides for database access. I
actually would like to allow access to mySQL and postgreSQL through
that interface.

> If you plan to use Vserver you need VDN also.
> In fact VDN Platform includes V4RB LOCAL.
>
> So if you think you need VDN please contact me off list.

What is VDN? I have been using the server version with my serial number
without any problems. At the time I bought it I was told the two were
included in the price. I haven't tested it on anything big and not
since august or so. Maybe that was just for the beta versions?

> Do not touch BaseObject's RECORD API for now.
>
> If we will lucky in V4RB 2.0 I will add some more functionality to
> BaseObject API. In dream, BaseObject API must allow us work with
> tables,
> Records and fields WITHOUT SQL !!!  Using Navigational model
>
> I will not explain now what is this...

Thanks for the help. Version 2.0 seems like what I need. ;-)

Jim