[V4MD] Classic and OS X projectors

Nathan Friesen nfriesen at dyton.com
Mon Feb 23 10:16:49 CST 2004

I'm having some problems with the Valentina Xtra when I try to make a
Classic projector in Director. When I make an OS X projector I can
imbed the V4MD_carbon Xtra in the projector and everything seems to
work fine. When I try to make a Classic version of the projector most
Xtras find their classic version in the "Classic MacOS" folder, but for
Valentina I get an error message that V4MD_carbon can't be found (or
something along those lines) Is this because the name of the Xtra for
Classic is V4MD_classic?

I've heard that the way to work around this is to not imbed the Xtras
in the projector, and instead put them in an Xtras folder in the same
directory as the projector. I tried this, putting both the V4MD_classic
and the V4MD_carbon Xtras in an Xtras folder, and this seemed to work
for the classic application. Unfortunately, this causes the carbon
application to crash right away.

So I'm a bit stuck. Is there a way to make both a classic and a carbon
version of the projector using the Valentina Xtra, and have both
versions in the same folder so they can share assets? Thanks

Nathan

Nathan Friesen
Dyton, Inc.
2302 West 1st Street