Revolution test stack

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 19 13:18:22 CST 2004

Hi Tuviah,

We already have discuss this.

    Revolution still include OLD 1.9.8 VXCMD
    which have OLD names in shared libs.

Valentina_Classic in particular.

I have try to trash this shared lib,
But then Rev even do not start.
This is logical -- absent required library.

As you know you link REV against Valentina_Classic
For REB DB API.

And problem is that IF developer need VXCMD 1.10
He cannot kill old VXCMd, this is not big problem,
He drop new VXCMD, use it. But I think REB DB will not work with new VXCMD
because it have other name.

Tuviah, I think we really will change VXCMD to "Valentina for Revolution"
And drop Hypercard and Supercard support.
This means will be good okay change names of shared libs for
    Valentina for Revolution 2.0.
Then you will need link Rev against this new libs, okay?

> Chris,
>
> This is list of my questions to you
>
> 1) client on OS 9?
>
> 2) Vserver on OS X?   Or windows?
>
> 3) Rev 2.1 or 2.1.2 ?
>   use 2.1.2
>

> 4) Rev 2.1.2 contains Valentina_Classic of 1.8.9b4 version.
>   you need trash this module and drop instead VXCM_Classic_MC
>   this is LOCAL VXCMD.

Aha, Chris, DO NOT trash this module.
Rev need it to start.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com