Revolution test stack

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 19 12:29:46 CST 2004

on 2/18/04 8:17 PM, Chris Sheffield at csheffield at readnaturally.com wrote:

Hi Chris,

> I don't have access to a MetaCard IDE, so I had to do this in
> Revolution.  The engines are the same now, though, so I would think the
> results would be the same no matter which IDE was being used.  Unless
> there is some weird thing with Revolution, which I suppose is possible.

I have download 2.1.2 Rev for MacOS.
Now I see that it NOT start on OS X as did 2.1.

This Rev archive includes Valentina_Classic module of 1.8.9b4 version.
BTW, I DO NOT understand...
I assume VXCMD developers remove this module, and drop VXCMD_Classic_MC.dll
Of 1.10 version, yes guys?

Okay.

> Here are my results.  I took the CODE resource from the MC stack you
> uploaded with the classic version and pasted it into this stack exactly
> as it is.  So it has resources for both the regular and client
> versions.

Wait. You say not correct phrase.

VXCMD_Classic_Client contains stack with 2 CODE. Correct.
But this is both CLIENT CODE resources.

    1200 - Classic
    1202 - Carbon.

As we have found, Revolution do not support Carbon now,
So 1202 CODE must be trashed.

You CANNOT have LOCAL and CLIENT CODE in the same stack.
Because they both have name Valentina and they both use id 1200.
We have just discuss this on Valentina list.

> When I leave it like this, it seems to connect to the
> server, at least I get a valid connection ID from the Database_New()
> function.

Hmm, Chris.

To see IF you really connect to Vserver you need run Valentina server in the
terminal window. Please read docs. Then you Valentina Server SELF will tell
you
        new connection established.

So you will see this very clear.
Again, read docs of Vserver on how to do this.
Aha, and you need say Verbose level in vserver to 2

> But when I make a call to Database_Open it fails with ERROR
> 61, which is not documented anywhere that I have found, so I don't know
> what it means.

Chris, BTW, you run client on MaCOS 9
And VServer on OS X?

Error -61 -- this is standard MacOS error
    -61   wrPermErr  Write permissions error; Not a publisher

> Now, when I remove the resource for the regular VXCMD version, my stack
> cannot find the Valentina functions.  I get errors saying the handler
> cannot be found.  I've tried changing the ID of the resource to no
> avail.  So as long as I leave both resources in there, it seems to
> connect.  I just can't open a database.  I've tried opening both
> master.vdb and my own database.
>
> You'll need to go into the code and change the port number to whatever
> you need to.  Other than that, hopefully you can figure something out
> that I'm missing.

Chris,

This is list of my questions to you

1) client on OS 9?

2) Vserver on OS X?   Or windows?

3) Rev 2.1 or 2.1.2 ?
    use 2.1.2

4) Rev 2.1.2 contains Valentina_Classic of 1.8.9b4 version.
    you need trash this module and drop instead VXCM_Classic_MC
    this is LOCAL VXCMD.

Also you need drop into Rev folder VXCMD_Classic_Client_MC
So Rev folder will contains 2 Valentina XCMD module.

5) in your stack you can have ONLY INE
        LOCAL CODE Valentina 1200
     or CLIENT CODE Valentina 1200

One comes from example stack of VXCMD local archive
Second from example stack of VXCMD_Client archive.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com