VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 18 16:59:24 CST 2004

>on 2/18/04 12:38 PM, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:
>
>>  Ruslan, having to use a different valentina call for local and server
>>  activities may actually be a good approach for coding.
>>
>>  get valentina ("SqlSelect",dbName,query)
>>  get valentina_server ("SqlSelect",dbName,query)
>
>Robert,
>
>I have told already.
>We need differ ONLY and ONLY database object creation.
>

>     db_local = Valentina( "New_Database")
>         << create LOCAL db object from VDL.dll
>
>     db_remote = Valentina( "New_Database", host, ... )
>         << create REMOTE db from VDK_CLIENT.dll
>

>As result we get 2 dbRef.
>
>Now database objects SELF know which code LOCAL or REMOTE to use.
>
>And all rest coding will be the same.
>At least it must works in this way.

1) this will work ONLY if there is a single shared library (kernel)
for local and server (client). I gather it makes no difference
whether we use dbRef or dbName.

2) Is making local and remote usage transparent truly benficial? May
be people who actually have products working in both modes in
parallel can say what they think. I can see pros and cons.

Robert