VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 18 14:04:55 CST 2004

>  > Ken, as far as I know, the names of resources are not wired to
>>  anything (except how they are called from Transcript), so you can
>>  rename them yourself. The only thing to figure out is how to call the
>>  right one at the right time. Of top of my head, this can be done by
>>  either duplicating the handlers for each mode or using a passthru
>>  function that knows whether you are in server or local mode and calls
>>  one or the other name.
>
>Actually, I think the problem is attaching the externals properly. If I
>attach two externals (one VXCMD and one VXCMD Client) to a Rev stack,
>they will both have the same "Valentina" entrypoint, won't they? How
>will Rev know to use the VXCMD Client when I make the call to
>Valentina("New Database", host, ...) instead of the standalone VXCMD?
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
>Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

On the way to work this morning, I thought about yet another approach
-- using two substacks with parallel scripts but each calling a
different Valentina resource. This improves efficiency by eliminating
context-check for each call.

Another yet option is to trying using the option to pass function
name as argument. I seem to recall such an option from reading MC
docs a while ago.

Robert