VXCMD_Client_Classic_MC

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 18 01:32:50 CST 2004

on 2/18/04 1:06 AM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

>> No, it is not possible (I mean possible it is but it won't work). A
>> given version of MC/Rev accepts only one type of resource. You can
>> have different versions of the same type (with different ids). Since
>> we call them by name from scripts, they must also have different
>> names ('valentina' and 'valentina_server' for example).
>
> Exactly. This is why I have two separate MetaCard stacks that act as by
> database connectors - one for Valentina standalone and one for Valentina
> Client. They both have exactly the same code, but I can't put them in
> the same stack as the Valentina external is called the same way as
> "Valentina". So I have one that connects to the standalone VXCMD and the
> other connects to the client VXCMD.
>
> It would be great to have the two called by different names so it could
> be merged into a single accessor stack...

Ken,

I have describe other way.

We will have SINGLE CODE.
With the same name Valentina

And difference will come only in how we create database object on start

    db1 = Valentina( "New_Database")
        << create LOCAL db object from VDL.dll

    db2 = Valentina( "New_Database", host, ... )
        << create REMOTE db from VDK_CLIENT.dll

And having db1 and db2 we get all rest working the same.
Objects self will know which DLL to use to create other objects
    Tables, fields, cursors, ...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com