Breaking out of RecordLock...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 18 01:36:08 CST 2004

on 2/18/04 1:02 AM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> Is there any way once you get a 363 error (Record Lock) to be able to
> manually unlock the cursor? For example, we're running our system on a
> small network of about 5 people and occasionally they get a record lock
> error. They all get out of that area of the system and one goes back in
> to check, and the record is still locked. It would be great to be able
> to execute something that said "release the lock" since we *know* no one
> else is using it.
>
> Obviously we need to find the code that's causing the lock in the first
> place, but until we find it, the only way they can get out of that
> situation is to have everyone on the system quit and reconnect.
>
> Do locks timeout? If so, what is the timeout? And can it be changed?

Hi Ken,

No locks not timeout.

Very strange. This must not happens never!

No crashes.
You have normal work.

All by logic.
All users have disconnect, but db still have locks?
Cannot be.

May be somebody have not yet disconnected?
Or some cursor was not deleted?

-------
I wonder if remote restart of server will resolve that situation?

But again, I do not like idea force release all locks.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com