Breaking out of RecordLock...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Feb 17 17:02:29 CST 2004

Ruslan,

Is there any way once you get a 363 error (Record Lock) to be able to
manually unlock the cursor? For example, we're running our system on a
small network of about 5 people and occasionally they get a record lock
error. They all get out of that area of the system and one goes back in
to check, and the record is still locked. It would be great to be able
to execute something that said "release the lock" since we *know* no one
else is using it.

Obviously we need to find the code that's causing the lock in the first
place, but until we find it, the only way they can get out of that
situation is to have everyone on the system quit and reconnect.

Do locks timeout? If so, what is the timeout? And can it be changed?

Thanks for your responses,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com