[V4RB] Styled text and utf8

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Fri Feb 13 18:51:48 CST 2004

on 13-02-2004 13:34, Bas Streef at bstreef at mac.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I can store styled text in a VarBinaryField and I can store utf8
> encoded text
> in a TextField which reads back in the RB editfield just fine. So I can
> have
> styled text or diacritical characters without problem, but I cannot have
> styled diacritical characters. If I try that, the style is not applied
> to the original characters, but is shifted some characters to the
> left, or the styled text disappears completely, or even stranger effects
> appear.
> Does somebody know what's wrong or how to remedy this?

Hi,

you can wait for next version of RB (5.5)
that will sport a new StyledText class
or you can copy the editfield's contents to the clipboard
get the Unicode style data in there (can't remember now the exact Mac data
signature for those) and store them in the DB
then when retrieving data from the DB create a new clipboard class
store the text in the TEXT data and the style in the Style data
the paste it in the Editfield...

tricky but works... I have some classes for that

Cool Runnings,
Erne.