Corrupt Database

Aart Jan van der Linden aj_vdl at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 13:08:37 CST 2004

Hi,

I'm working on an application that uses Valentina in a PC & Mac Director
cd-rom.

Two times in the last days the database got corrupted. I found posts about
updating the records quickly after the Query is finished, and I will loook
in my code for improvements on that.

But the problem I'm stuck with is this: The corrupt database opens fine in
VAPP on a Mac, but when I start the Director project (on a Windows computer)
the application crashes, before having given any error messages...
When I go to [utilities] -> [diagnose Database] in the VAPP I get an error
report with a lot of lines like

-----> Field: "uitleg' of type VarChar
Problems found!

...........Page 2
(!) ItemCount =7425 is bigger of max possible value =510
(!) Length of deleted 672 record is NOT zero
Next offset must be >=, but it is less. For RecID = 673
(!) Length of deleted 755 record is NOT zero
(!) Length of deleted 762 record is NOT zero
(!) Length of deleted 781 record is NOT zero
(!) Length of deleted 782 record is NOT zero
(...)

I have a three-file database, with a .dat, a .ind and a .vdb file

How can I fix this???

Thanx in advance

Aart Jan