V4MD

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Fri Feb 6 09:06:19 CST 2004

Ruslan,

I am using SetMedia and GetMedia in combination with vList xtra members.
This method is 17 times faster than using the vList xtra method of
saving the vList data to a file!  However, SetMedia takes up 2x as much
disk space.  Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have 17x speed than .5x
space, but is there anything I can do to bring the size down.

As I said in my last email, COMPACT doesn't seem to reduce the size of
the .blb file, even after I've overwritten very large BLOB values with
very small BLOB values.

Thanks.  I'm very happy with your product and service.  It is truley 1st
rate!