ImportASCII raises an exception

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 5 23:32:40 CST 2004

on 2/5/04 10:50 PM, Yukun Gou at ygou at fiberlink.com wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> It's a pretty complex system and can not be explained clearly in an email.
>
> My question is that when ImportASCII raises a non xFBL_Exception exception
> and is there
> any way that I can know what the exception is?

ANSWER IS:

-- Valentina throw ONLY and ONLY xFBL_Exception.

I think you know, that Windows OS itself can throw system exceptions
In case of e.g. ACCESS BY NULL.

Visual c++ (as well as CodeWarrior) allow you in preference set to stop on
raise of this exceptions. Although this will not help too much, you do not
have sources of kernel.

In your code you must catch them by
    catch(...)

IF assume that this is OS exception, you should be able see in LOG some info
about this, e.g.

    Access violation

If you will not find problem, but you can reproduce this in separate small
project (best of all modified VSDK example), then you can send it to me for
debugging.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com