ImportASCII raises an exception

Yukun Gou ygou at fiberlink.com
Thu Feb 5 15:50:33 CST 2004

Ruslan,

It's a pretty complex system and can not be explained clearly in an email.

My question is that when ImportASCII raises a non xFBL_Exception exception
and is there
any way that I can know what the exception is?

Thanks.
Yukun Gou
Fiberlink Communications Corporation
(215)793-6642
Email ygou at fiberlink.com
www.fiberlink.com

                      Ruslan Zasukhin
                      <sunshine at public.kherson.        To:       <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
                      ua>                              cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  Re: ImportASCII raises an exception
                      valentina-bounces at lists.m
                      acserve.net

                      02/05/2004 02:10 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Valentina Developers

on 2/5/04 9:00 PM, Yukun Gou at ygou at fiberlink.com wrote:

> Here is the detail information:
>> 1) OS ?
> Windows 2000
>
>> 2) Valentina API?  C++ ?
> We got the C++ API on 10/17/2003
>
>> 3) may be your import file, have wrong line feeds ? And Editor correct
> this?
> I think the file is right because the same file doesn't work only in a
> specific scenario.

ok

> on 2/5/04 8:33 PM, Yukun Gou at ygou at fiberlink.com wrote:
>
> Hi Yukun,
>

>> I have codes to populate data to database:
>> a) insert data to table one using insert statement.
>> b) import data from a file to another table, the file is generated and
>> written to disk.

Above a),  b)  in some way related to below text of 3 ways?
Just I do not see how.

>> there are three scenarios:

>> 1.a) insert less than 256 records to table one, then b) can import data
>> successfully,

>> 2 a) insert more than 256 records to table one, then b) raises a non
>> xFBL_Exception exception

>> 3 a) insert more than 256 records to table one, if I open the file(use
an
>> editor) and save it to disk again, then b) can import data successfully.

Probably I do not understand something.
Try exaplin in other way.

What you INSERT ?
What table?