Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Sun Feb 1 10:52:19 CST 2004

>  > - Callbacks for client timeouts on active cursors
>  > It would save a lot of error tracking if we could get a message
>in that case.
>
>Explain please

Let's say a client has created server side cursors. He leaves while a
data selection is open. When he comes back he might want to try to
access one of the records. Since meanwhile his session has been
terminated by the server I need to track for the error on each and
every single data access.

I think the server knows which client has requested cursors. When a
client timeout occurs, it could send a message back to the client
before it disconnects the him.
The same could be done when the server is stopped.

At least Director offers callback methods which could receive such a message.

It would simplify handling of this kind of events. I could display an
alert to the user "You have been disconnected due to inactivity" and
send him back to a login screen.

Erich