Encryption V4MD

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Mon Dec 13 14:47:18 CST 2004

> You think exists chance that somebody will grab db files from
> that company ?
> If yes, then right. Encryption can help.
> If no, i.e. They have security, they have good network with
> good admin, And files cannot be grabbed then there is no many
> sense use encryption for db managed by VSErver.

It is financial data by users and yes - the database might be outsiders.
Therefore it must be encryptable.

A funny story aside: I installed the software at a client on a special
computer without Internet access and on a different PC than that of the
manager (both for safety reasons). Kind of "my data is so important, I
bought an extra PC for your software, so that my data is protected".
Then I turned my laptop on and looked for some WLAN access to fetch my
emails and BUM: there I was in my clients network via his totally
unprotected WLAN router, able to read all his data from the manager PC :-)

Florian