vServer service breakdown

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Mon Dec 13 14:40:17 CST 2004

HI!

I have included a routine to my database browser today, where I included a
routine to change a single field of one whole table (like 'name' for
example). I am not using changeAllRecords() since I have to calculate some
data for specific fields. So I step through every record:

        repeat with j=1 to c
          progressSetValue(j)
          x=VALgotoRecord(VALcursors["KUNDENTableCursor"],j)
          if x<>1 then
            progressclose
            alert "Fehler beim Überschreiben"
            exit
          end if
          y=VALupdateCurrentRecord(VALcursors["KUNDENTableCursor"],l)
          if y<>1 then
            progressclose
            alert "Überschreiben ist
fehlgeschlagen"&&Valentinaerror().string
            exit
          end if
        end repeat
        progressclose
        alert "Alle Datensätze wurden geändert!"
        VALgotoRecord(oldRecordPos)

This works fine for strings and boolean but every time I try birthday
(kTypeDate), I get TCP/IP errors after maybe 2000 records, the server
service takes 99% of processor power and stopping the service takes 2
minutes. There are no errors in the server log at all.

Thats V4MD, vServer a065

Any hints what I should look for?

Best regards, Florian