How to create ListBox/Datagrid in Director? Crossplatform?

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Fri Aug 27 19:21:16 CDT 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Gunnar Swan wrote:

> Very poor pickings in these areas for Director developers.
> I've tried using Active X controls in Director, but the effort and
> reliability was not on par.
>
> There is one company in El Cajon - La Mesa (20 km from me), that
> advertises these things,
> But he does not return calls or emails, wants CASH payment in advance.
> Only a PO Box.
>
> I don't give people cash unless I know how to get to them and shake
> out of their pockets, either my cash back or the product.
>
> We ended up rolling our own list box.
>
> If Macromedia would make the LDM (Linked Director Movie) reliable,
> then developing List-combo-datagrids would be more effective.

Alex LeLivre was going to do them 2 Director's ago but for some reason
he bailed.  Heard all kinds of nasty rumors.

The goal is to "throw a switch" and make a miaw a linked member but
that didn't happen.

> Best Regards,
> Gunnar Swan
> Practice To Pass
> 1.888.307.2050
> http://www.PracticeToPass.Com

I practice to catch.  This way, we avoid nasty competition.

- Zav
In Hell.  please call back later.