SQL with V4MD and viSQL

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 26 17:39:35 CDT 2004

On 8/26/04 5:11 PM, "Holly Bogossian" <holly at roundboxmedia.com> wrote:

Hi Holly,

> Frank
> I am not sure I understand what you mean by a "field method"? Would
> you please give me an example of 'pseudo' code demonstrating your
> suggestion.

Frank means BaseObject method
    aka "Virtual field",
    aka "Calculate fields"

You can look into Valentina SQL.pdf for functions which you can use in
BaseObject methods.

And into Valentina Kernel.pdf which describe what is this.

And into V4MDReference.pdf, Xtra Vdatabse, handler MakeNewField()

> Also, if v1 can not handle mathematical operations does the beta
> version do them?

You mean 2.0 ?

Yes. Valentina 2.0 support such syntax.

> I also have looked at the manual, ValentinaSQL.pdf and the section
> "Expressions." Can they be implemented using the Director Xtra? How
> are these implemented?

Yes! all these functions can be used in BaseObject methods.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com