SQL with V4MD and viSQL

Holly Bogossian holly at roundboxmedia.com
Thu Aug 26 10:11:17 CDT 2004

Frank
I am not sure I understand what you mean by a "field method"? Would
you please give me an example of 'pseudo' code demonstrating your
suggestion.

Also, if v1 can not handle mathematical operations does the beta
version do them?

I also have looked at the manual, ValentinaSQL.pdf and the section
"Expressions." Can they be implemented using the Director Xtra? How
are these implemented?
Thanks,

>Hi Holly,
>

>On Aug 25, 2004, at 5:14 PM, Holly Bogossian wrote:
>
>>I have had no problems with simple SQL using executeSQL command but
>>cannot get the following to work. I keep getting the error:  "603,
>>Field Not Found". Same result regardless of operator. What am I
>>doing wrong?
>>
>>     SELECT (field1Number - field2Number) FROM baseObjectName
>>
>>Using Director MX, V4MD v1.10 on Mac G4. This same result also
>>occurs using viSQL on WinXP.
>
>You cannot perform mathematical operations in SQL in Valentina 1.
>The workaround is to use a field method.
>

>Best regards,
>Frank

---------
The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.
       --isak dinesen