VXCMD client and Database_Dump

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 09:15:45 CDT 2004

> 1) so we talk abut LOCAL or CLEINT/server ?

This is local.

> 2) am I right that you was able do XML DUMP ?
>     but you cannot now do LoadDump ?

That's correct.  The dump worked perfectly.

> 3) does Valentina return an error?

I get error 19, whatever that is.  Do you know?

>     since VAPP can load that file then we know that
> file itsefl is good and
> correct.
>

> 4) Chris, at last of end, you can write simplest
> scrip with one function
>
>     Valentina init
>
>     LoadDump
>
>     Valentina ShutDown
>
> Using LOCAL VXCMD.

I've attached a Revolution stack that does this.
It'll prompt for the location of the xml file, then
it'll prompt for a destination folder (the database
name rn.vdb will be added to the end of the
destination).  A message box will display showing you
the source path and the destination path.  Check to
make sure the paths  are valid.  They look fine to me.

> If this project not works you can send me it and
> some small XML file.
> Actually it is never mind which XML file you send.
> This project must be able use any XML file.
>

> ---------
> I will ask once again.
>
> You say that your path is correct.
>
> You must have own function in your project which
> will convert path into
> native OS X path.

I do, but it doesn't do anything under OS X.
Revolution returns a valid Unix path under OS X, which
should be correct.

> Revolution on default return you path which
> Valentina will not understand.

No, not true.

> So if you simply pass such path from REV to
> Valentina then this is source of
> problem.

If you could try this sample and see if you get the
same results, I would appreciate it.  I hope I haven't
run into some weird bug in the VXCMD, which really
doesn't make sense.

Thanks again,

=====
Chris Sheffield