VXCMD client and Database_Dump

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 25 00:31:19 CDT 2004

On 8/25/04 12:14 AM, "Chris Sheffield" <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

> Yes, my paths are correct, and it's still not working.
> Are there any restrictions on paths and/or filenames?
> Such as lengths, special characters, etc.?

I do not think so.

> Right now I'm testing on Mac OS X.  The path to my xml file is not unusually
> long.

> The file name of my xml file does contain a hyphen "-" and an underscore "_".
> Other than that, all other characters are alphanumeric, and the file name
> itself is only 19 characters.

> I don't know if that helps at all or not.  Can you think of anything else I
> can try?  I did try loading the same xml file using the VApp, and that worked
> fine, so I'm guessing it's something in my code; I'm just not sure what.

> My code simply looks like this:
>
> get Valentina("Database_LoadDump", pParam1, pParam2, pParam3)
>
> As I indicated, I've checked my variables:  pParam1 contains the path to my
> xml file, pParam2 contains the path to the new database file, and pParam3
> contains 2, which is for the xml dump type.

Ok. Looks correct.

> I don't have to do anything special beforehand, do I?

Nothing special.

LoadDump in fact simialr to Db.Create().
We say where create new db and we get new db.

> The docs indicate that
> it's like the Create function, in that upon success it returns a database
> connection ID to the new database.  Is that correct?

Absolutely.

> I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

1) so we talk abut LOCAL or CLEINT/server ?

2) am I right that you was able do XML DUMP ?
    but you cannot now do LoadDump ?

3) does Valentina return an error?

    since VAPP can load that file then we know that file itsefl is good and
correct.

4) Chris, at last of end, you can write simplest scrip with one function

    Valentina init

    LoadDump

    Valentina ShutDown

Using LOCAL VXCMD.

If this project not works you can send me it and some small XML file.
Actually it is never mind which XML file you send.
This project must be able use any XML file.

---------
I will ask once again.

You say that your path is correct.

You must have own function in your project which will convert path into
native OS X path.

Revolution on default return you path which Valentina will not understand.

So if you simply pass such path from REV to Valentina then this is source of
problem.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com