[VXCMD] Record Locks

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 23 13:50:18 CDT 2004

On 8/23/04 1:30 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

>> To be able use single GetRecords() we then must add 3 parameters to it
>> To control record locks. This is my question. Should me do this ?
>>

> Oops. Indeed we already have this. I somehow never used it -- I
> always use SQLSelectRecords when I want to fetch all but I can see
> some uses of it as well.
>
> But then I do not understand why you want to add the three
> cursor-control parameters to the GetRecords call. They cursor has
> already been created by the SQLSelect (which had these parameters
> specified).

Robert,

You have lost. :-)

We have 2 similar functions:

1)  SqlSelectRecords() -- do all in one call.
        No way control record locks now.

2) Cursor_GetRecords() --
        yes we can build cursor with locks
        then use this function to get N records.

Problem is that Bobby use the first function,
And he get into record locks error.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com