[VXCMD] Record Locks

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Aug 23 12:30:42 CDT 2004

>  >> So what you think?
>>>  Should we add 3 more parameters to above function ?
>>>

>>  So you are suggesting, Ruslan, to get rid of the SqlSelectRecords but
>>  instead of provide a new function that allows to fetch all records?
>
>No.
>
>     We have right now DataBase_SQLSelectRecords() which can return you N
>records without cursor creation and killing. It do this internally.
>     And we have right now Cursor_GetRecords() which do the same, but you
>must create and kill cursor explicitly.
>
>Bobby have use NoLocks always, but stil get 363 error.
>To resolve this, he can use second way.
>

>>  But then shouldn't the new function be
>>
>>  Cursor_GetAllRecords( curs , [FromRec], [MaxRecords],
>>         [fldDelim], [recDelim])
>
>We already have it, Robert!
>
>>  The only consideration is that this new approach requires 3
>>  subsequent calls to the external.
>
>Exactly! and little more coding.
>
>>  The overhead is too small to worry about it too much but the beauty of a
>>  single GetRecords is that one does not have to remember to remove
>>the cursor.
>>  But I guess we can get used to it.
>
>To be able use single GetRecords() we then must add 3 parameters to it
>To control record locks. This is my question. Should me do this ?

Oops. Indeed we already have this. I somehow never used it -- I
always use SQLSelectRecords when I want to fetch all but I can see
some uses of it as well.

But then I do not understand why you want to add the three
cursor-control parameters to the GetRecords call. They cursor has
already been created by the SQLSelect (which had these parameters
specified).

Robert