[VXCMD] Record Locks

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 23 11:07:21 CDT 2004

On 8/19/04 6:37 AM, "Bobby" <bobby at inentertainment.com> wrote:

> Ruslan we keep getting with one particular company record locks when we are
> not setting any kind of record locks. What else would cause a 363 error to
> occur.  We use SQLSelectRecords and SQLSelect with the "NoLocks" option.

Hi Robert,

We have declaration

    DataBase_SQLSelectRecords(
        dbRefOrName, SQLstring,
        [FromRec], [MaxRecords],
        [fldDelim], [recDelim] )

Valentina in this function build cursor using default params:

    kClient, kReadOnly, kForwardOnly

We have 2 choices now:

1) We add to this function 3 additional parameters.
    IMHO it will be too much parameters then for it.

2) second way.

    instead of this functions you can use 3 steps ways

    curs = DataBase_SQLSelect(
            dbRefOrName, SQLstring, [Location], [LocksType], [Direction] )

    Cursor_GetRecords( curs )   -> this is what you want

    Cursor_Free( curs )

So what you think?
Should we add 3 more parameters to above function ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com