Why in RB there is no sub-view ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Aug 22 09:32:48 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I wonder.

In e.g. C++ PowerPlant we have such concept as View.

I can create View, set its size, set its controls (as we do this for window
in RB now).

Later I can

1) easy include the whole set of controls into Window

2) easy include the same view into different windows

3) I can easy show/hide set of controls in a Window.

My current problem/task is:

* I have window with one popup menu.

* user must choose item of menu,
  there are e.g. 10-15 items.

Depending on choice I need show 10-15 different sets of controls.
How I can do this NOW in RB 5.5 ???

It looks to me I need create great mess in the window,
Creating all controls. Then I need self write 10-15 functions  to show
required controls.

But this is mess.

If there is no great reasons against VIEWs,
Then please accept this as feature request.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com