V4MD_client problem

Gregory Kowalski gregkowalski at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 18 15:33:18 CDT 2004

On Aug 18, 2004, at 3:03 AM, valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:

> Hi Gregory,
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am testing the Valentina server and am having navigation problems.
>>
>> The problem occurs  with V4MD_client and is very basic:
>>
>> The cursor does not remember the position when using "gotorecord()".
>>

>> Here is a very simple test I made:
>>
>> 1. I created a database with ten records.
>>
>> 2. I start at record 1.
>>
>> 3. I use "gotorecord()) to go to record 5 - record 5 appears.
>>
>> 4. I then hit "nextrecord" and guess what?  it goes to record 2
>> instead
>> of record 6.
>>
>> Try it, it is a very simple test.
> I tried it and all works fine.
> Please, make sure you use the latest version of V4MD Client & Server.
> If I recall correctly, this problem was already fixed in one of the
> latest
> build of V4MD_Client.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Gomon

I did the test again with latest version of V4MD_Client and it still
does not work...
I forgot to mention that the problem occurs with Kclient_side. (try it)

If I use Kserver_side it works OK only it is much much much much slower.

I test it on a project where use a loop to populate a table with 10
rows and 9 columns.

When using Kserver_side  the rows appear one by one at about 1/2 second
interval, sometimes more. It's very uneven...

With KClient the results appear instantly, but eventually everything
falls out of place due to the above-mentioned problem.

With V4MD xtra everything works very well and very fast.

Greg