Off topic ... Shockwave and Valentina

Igor Gomon giv at tlc.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 17 00:24:27 CDT 2004

Hi Gunnar,
Hi Ruslan,

> > Now that he runs the Xtra on an intranet, what is the path to open a
database
> > ?
Properly speaking, I tested shockwave movie only on my local computer.
I used next path in the script to specify path to the database file:
    the moviePath & "MyDb.vdb"
When I run this movie in the projector (or in autoring mode in the Director)
my
database was created in the same folder when the .dir file was located.
But when I run it as Shockwave movie (in IE) "the moviePath" gives me an
empty string - so my database files were created on the desktop!
So for testing I changed my code to use absolute path. But, of cource, in
the
real situation must be some other mechanism to determine this path - based
on
application specific.

Igor Gomon
e-mail: giv at tlc.kherson.ua