clearing the cache

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 11 18:55:42 CDT 2004

On 8/11/04 5:45 PM, "Chris Sheffield" <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to flush/clear/destroy the
> cache without making a call to "Shutdown"?  I'm using
> VXCMD with Revolution.

There is no such way, Chris.

Only shutdown

> I've got a situation where computer memory keeps
> filling up and filling up until crashes occur.  I'm
> reading fairly large BLOB data from a database, and
> the cached data appears to stay in memory, even after
> writing the data to disk and closing the cursor on the
> database.  Is this normal behavior?

Crash no.

You mean that you see in some way, that RAM of computer is eaten?!

Then this is NOT cache!
Cache always have fixed size, as you have specify in ValentinaInit().

Hmm, sounds like memory leak.
But I don't know if it is in YOUR code or in Valentina.

Frankly saying I doubt it is in Valentina.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com