Valentina Digest, Vol 20, Issue 5

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Aug 8 08:56:29 CDT 2004

On 8/8/04 4:04 AM, "Scott Steinman" <steinman at midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

>> Scott, also I wonder, why you wonder about PICT/DIB.
>> When Valentina extract picture from db it MUST give to REALbasic or
>> Director
>> a PICT/DIB.
>>
>> REALbasic do not want to get from us JPG. You see?
>>
>> How you image to self that Vpicture return TO YOU a jpg ?
>
> The MBS plugin allows the use of JPGs with REALbasic. I just like to be
> able to use the same code for both platforms, whenever possible,
> instead of using conditional compilation. Using a common JPG format for
> both would permit that.

But if you work with V4RB you WILL HAVE the same code for both platforms!!!
This is why INTERNALLY we work with PICT/DIB.

YOUR code will NOT work with PICT/DIB directly.
Your REALbasic code works with RB's picture type.
You see?

>> Using VBLOB.LoadFile() you have no more easy way to store into db
>> movies. And you can extract ONE movie to disk to play it, then erase.
>
> Would this mean that if my application needs to retrieve and play
> movies, I'd have to save the database's movie data to a file first,
> then read the file to play the movie?

Yes.

At least this will be easier to do now.

In Valentina 1.x you also could do this, just you self was need read from
blob and write to file. And if BLOB is big then you may need loop.
Now Valentina do this self in single command.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com