Valentina Digest, Vol 20, Issue 5

Scott Steinman steinman at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Aug 7 20:04:10 CDT 2004

Ruslan-

On Aug 7, 2004, at 1:24 PM, valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:

>> I've just returned from the world of Java to REALbasic. I'm ready to
>> start a new project that could use Valentina.
>
> It could be great if you could wait just a little and start with
> Valentina
> 2.0.

I'll subscribe to the beta list. Thanks for the suggestion.

> Scott, also I wonder, why you wonder about PICT/DIB.
> When Valentina extract picture from db it MUST give to REALbasic or
> Director
> a PICT/DIB.
>
> REALbasic do not want to get from us JPG. You see?
>
> How you image to self that Vpicture return TO YOU a jpg ?

The MBS plugin allows the use of JPGs with REALbasic. I just like to be
able to use the same code for both platforms, whenever possible,
instead of using conditional compilation. Using a common JPG format for
both would permit that.

> Using VBLOB.LoadFile() you have no more easy way to store into db
> movies.
> And you can extract ONE movie to disk to play it, then erase.

Would this mean that if my application needs to retrieve and play
movies, I'd have to save the database's movie data to a file first,
then read the file to play the movie?

Regards,
Scott

Scott B. Steinman, O.D., Ph.D., F.A.A.O.
Professor, Southern College of Optometry
Co-Chair, ASCO Informatics SIG
Leader, Open Source Purely-Graphical Programming Language Group
Certified non-Microsoft Solution Provider

1245 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104-2222
Phone: (901) 722-3381
Fax: (901) 722-3244