Server_DatabaseInfo freeze?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Aug 3 21:00:38 CDT 2004

I've been trying to determine the connection ID of a client that has
connected to the server. I'm using MetaCard 2.6.1 (Revolution 2.2) on OS
10.3.4. I have three databases that are hard-coded into master.vdb (that is,
I don't use Server_RegisterDatabase), and at the moment I have one user in
the Users table ("sa"). I log into Valentina (which works fine) and then
execute my script that does this:

I already have a server reference from Server_New. Then I do:

    get Valentina("Server_OpenSession",sSrvRef)

    put Valentina("Server_DatabaseInfo",sSrvRef,1) into tDBInfoRef
    answer "tDBInfoRef:" && tDBInfoRef

    put Valentina("DatabaseInfo_ClientInfo",tDBInfoRef,1) into
       tClientInfoRef
    answer "tClientInfoRef:" && tClientInfoRef

    put Valentina("ClientInfo_GetConnectionID",tClientInfoRef) into
       tConnectionID
    answer tConnectionID

What happens is that when I get to "Server_DatabaseInfo", the cursor goes
into spinning pizza mode and MetaCard is frozen. I don't even get the alert
telling me what tDBInfoRef is.

Any ideas?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software