[V4RB] OPEN/Close trick?

Karen keatk at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 14:47:40 CDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 2:31 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Ah, so you have the whole company of managers.

No ... we are very small and don't have a product on the market yet ...
Decsions need to get made very quickly on experimental results so it
needs to get distubited soon after the experiments are run

> Hmm, then why not spend $300 for lowest Vserver ?

Because this is not an approved project and I'm doing it on my own
initiative.

> You will save you DEVELOPMENT TIME, I think it have price $30-50 per
> hour?
> :-)

I am doing it mostly on my own time... and the Open close trick when
not on OSX (which I use at home but not at work - there it's Win32 and
OS9) should work fine and only takes a couple of hours to implement,

> And if Vserver will work faster then your managers also will save own
> work
> time.

Managers up to the VP level see the data but never directly use the
program (I produce PDF Files from the DB that get Emailed to them) so
the second or two difference in access speed won't matter.

Ruslan, speed is not always the be all and end all!!!! ;-)

- Karen