[V4RB] OPEN/Close trick?

Karen keatk at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 12:42:10 CDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 12:22 PM, Keith DeLong wrote:

> But given Ruslan's progress with Vserver and the 2.0 platform, I think
> moving to Vserver will be your best bet today.

But that is $ and I won't make any money off of this... it's for
internal use at work for a project with *no* funding (i'm doing it on
my own initiative - I bought v4rb on my own a couple of years ago too
for hobby use) so that is not an option...

What if I use a Win2K or OS9 server for the file with an OSX clients?
Do you need to worry about file locks then from an OSX client? I assume
also that it will work fine if uou only use Win2K and OS9 machines.

I use OSX at home but at work (where this will be used ) The
enviornment is Win32/OS9 migrating to all to all Win32 with a year or
two.

- karen