VServer on Windows and custom installation

Igor Gomon giv at tlc.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 29 20:46:26 CDT 2004

> I'm still trying to get the server launched on Win 98.
>  It's appearing to me that a restart is necessary
> before this will actually happen.
Yes, it's necessary for Win98 to restart computer in order
VServer to start function as a service process.
Furthermore, after deinstallation of server you also need
to restart it.

> I'm launching it
> using -i, and then again using -s, but the process
> doesn't actually seem to be running.
Actually these switches only works for NT server
(VServer_NT.exe) since on NT it's possible to manage
services without restarting.

Igor Gomon
e-mail: giv at tlc.kherson.ua