Server questions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 21 09:32:07 CDT 2004

On 4/21/04 6:11 AM, "Gregory Kowalski" <gregkowalski at earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Gregory,

> This is my first experience with networks and servers so I hope you
> don't mind if I ask you a question or two...
> (thank you for your patience).

As many as you need!

> I'm working on MAC OSX.
>
> My questions are the following:
>
> 1. Do the shared databases have to go in the "Databases" folder of
> ValentinaServer?

Yes.

This is default folder.

In the .ini file you can specify other folder.

> 2. Must the MasterDb.vdb always remain in the "Databases" folder?  (I
> understand it is used to add users and passwords).

Yes. As far as I know.
Igor?

> 3. In the ini file, I do not understand what the SystemCatalog must
> point to. To the file containing the shared databases?

To the folder!

On default it points to folder "Databases"

> 4. When you open a database from a client app - what is the file path?

There is no path.

You use only NAME of registration of database under server.

I recommend you download and use Valentina Studio.

If you need put under VServer EXISTED database,
Then you need:
A) drop db into folder Databases
B) from Valentina Studio execute command Register Database.
      for Register, you specify

            dbName / dbPath on server.

Now server name, that it have database with name dbName.
>From client you do

    db.open( "dbName" )

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com