Whole Word, Case Sensitive control

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 22 21:33:56 CDT 2004

On 4/22/04 9:24 PM, "Juergen Schreck" <lists at innernine.com> wrote:

Hi Juergen,

> How do I implement the following in V4RB 1.1.0:

I think this is on FAQ pages

> I have a table 'clips' containing a 512 byte VarChar column 'cliptext'.
> I set this column to be indexed and indexedByWords. The user options to
> search this 'cliptext' field at runtime need to be:
>
> Match Case

This is default for Valentina

    to get no case, you need use BaseObject method to build
    case-insensetive index. Or to use LIKE str no_case

> Match Whole Word

    where fld = 'word'

> So I need:
>
> 'Contains' case-sensitive
> 'Contains' case-insensitive

Contains search can be done only using LIKE search.

    WHERE fld LIKE 'part'

> 'Match whole word/phrase' case-sensitive

    WHERE fld = 'word'

> 'Match whole word/phrase' case-insensitive

    WHERE fldLwr = 'word'

You must convert 'word' to lower case before that

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com