VServer on Windows and custom installation

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 14:57:27 CDT 2004

VServer.pdf states that to start the server as a
service you need to run it with the -i option and then
the -s option.  Is it necessary to do both?  If I'm
doing my own installation and want to start the server
from that installation program, do I have to actually
start it twice?

Also, will VServer run on any version of Windows, or
just NT-based versions (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003)?  If
it will run on all versions, can it still run as a
service under Win 98, or does a shortcut need to be
placed in the Startup folder?  It's not very likely
that our customers will run the server on a Win 98
machine, but it could happen.

Thanks,

=====
Chris Sheffield