Losing records ??

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Apr 20 12:55:26 CDT 2004

On 4/20/04 12:48 PM, "Fred.Stephenson"
<Fred.Stephenson at communication-unltd.com> wrote:

Hi Fred,

> I'm probably doing something really stupid but.... here goes
>
> I had forgotten about the date format when I sent a sample
> application to a client so I thought I would just insert a
>
> mydb.dateformat = 0
>
> as the date format here is 1.
>
> Unfortunately most of the records disappeared (no problem I had a
> backup and it was only sample data).
>
> So I added a few records in the new date format and changed it back to
> mydb.dateformat = 1
>
> checked with Vapp and everything was still there
>
> and then I changed it back
> mydb.dateformat =0
> and checked with Vapp and a record had disappeared (I  had only 4 entered )

Disappear records or values?

    records means -- there was e.g. 10 records, now 4 records.
    values means -- records number the same, but date values are other.

?

This is strange, because

     mydb.dateformat = 1

Must not touch not records not values.

Dates are stored in YMD neutral format,
So Valentina must not touch valus when you change date order.

Strange bug.

If you need solution, you can dump to XML, change in EDITOR XML file's date
format, and load back.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com