customized Valentina Server installation

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Apr 13 21:38:43 CDT 2004

On 4/13/04 5:39 PM, "Chris Sheffield" <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

> I'm trying to put together a customized installation
> for my users.  The directions in VServer.pdf state
> that for Mac OS X, it is necessary to restart the
> computer after installing the necessary items.  Is
> this really the case?  Can't you just start the
> service with a shell command of some kind?

As far as I know -- NO.

It is possible start Vserver in terminal,
But this is not what your users need.

It needs of course to study more this issue.

> I'm using Revolution and my installer will most likely
> be done with Revolution.  So if I can just issue a
> shell or open process command, that'd be great.  Not
> sure how happy most people are going to be about
> having to restart their server.

In /Library/Startup Items

You can find shell script of Vserver, which OS X use to start it
During restart.

May be you will find way how to start it from shell.
I don't know for now

#!/bin/sh

##
# Start Valentina Server
##

. /etc/rc.common

ConsoleMessage "Starting Valentina Server"

/Library/ValentinaServer/ValentinaServer        <<<<<<<<<<< this is start

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com