[V4MD] / [ALL] orphaned segments in text field

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Tue Sep 30 21:13:36 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

a client is currently busy entering data into a database.
there are a couple of text fields, most of them have the
language setting "german". now after two days the database
reports weird errors:

example, I have 68 records. When I create a 69th record and
then immediately delete it afterwards, I get:

VarChar field corrupted (351)

Since there are a lot of fields in that table, I can not guess which
field is meant by Valentina, so I ran a DIAGNOSE on the db.
Interestingly, I don't get any problems on VarChar fields, but
on text fields:

Field: "transcription' of type Text
Problems found!

(!) Minor problem: exists 8 orphan segments.(indicate mistake in algorithm.)

What does it mean? How can I fix it and how does it happen?

Martin.