[V4MD] SELECT weirdness

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Mon Sep 29 09:42:37 CDT 2003

At 21:21 28.09.2003 +0300, you wrote:
>I have look on this, but as I see this property become enabled ONLY when you
>choose compression JPG in cast member.

Yes, that's correct, it is not available for bitmap castmembers.

>So it seems for simple BITMAP this property DO NOT works.
>Am I right?
>And we need it when we have bitmap.

Yes.

>What happens if you choose JPG in Property window?
>Director compress it self to JPG ?

Yes, but only as long as the picture is not displayed on the stage.

>Hmm, why I did spend time on that JPG then :-)?
>It is my dream in Valentina 2.0 drop JPG compression to be built into
>kernel. As I see it in ideal, Valentina simply must get ALREADY compressed
>pictures.

Hmm, but Director uncompresses the JPEG at runtime, since it
can only display bitmaps, not compressed jpeg's, it's only for internal
disk storage to make the file smaller.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de