[V4MD] SELECT weirdness

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Sun Sep 28 18:35:49 CDT 2003

At 19:23 28.09.03 +0300, you wrote:
>1) what sense to order on RecID ?
>
>2) and Valentina always return you records ordered by recID if else not
>specified.

I know, as I said the statement does not make sense in
that way and I know that Valentina orders by RecID if
no order clause is specificied. But in my case I have a
query generation class, which creates a query based on
certain information, given by the user, that's how the
ORDER BY RecID clause gets into the sql statement.

Now I'm checking for this exception and remove the
order clause in this special case, but it made we wonder
why it causes Valentina to return 0 records.

> > It does not throw an error, it simply doesn't return any records,
> > so I think it might be a bug. What do you thing?
>
>Yes this is a known glitch.

It is? I didn't know about it. Is it hard to fix?

Martin.

P.S. Any news on the picture compression settings front?

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3934358322/lingmmugd

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com