[VAPP/AS] problems with setting fields

Kurt Klamp K.Klamp at t-online.de
Wed Sep 24 21:53:52 CDT 2003

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote at 24.09.2003 15:07 Uhr

>Hi Kurt,
>
>But if I change it as next:
>
>        repeat with i from 1 to 5
>
>            make new record at end of curs
>            set field "Name" of curs to i as string
>            set field "Address" of curs to "some address"
>            set field "Photo" of curs to photo
>
>            update curs
>
>Then it works fine.

I know. Setting single fields works. But ..

set var to fields of curs
set curs to var

.. doesn't

>It looks problem when we in list assign ZERO to RecID field of cursor.
>You think this did work before?

definitely

One of the most annoying things of last version is the strange syntax of
commands when compiling.
Remember the sent example:
	--> records id 7 of cursors 3 of databases "Customers"

everything is plural.

Best
Kurt