[VAPP] Major Bug Regarding Accessing Baseobject

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Sep 23 15:18:08 CDT 2003

I don't know how to explain this, but let me try:

I have been doing development with Valentina for many months, and every
time I ship a build to my client I keep an archived copy of it. Today,
while working with version 0.99 (don't ask) I got an error: "BaseObject
Not Found". I checked my code and it looked OK, so I opened up VAPP to
see what might be going on. I have two tables in the database called
"CallListAddresses" and "CallListPhones". When I select either one, it
is displayed in red in VAPP (which usually means that the table has no
fields), so I double-click on it, and it has all of its fields. But when
I go into User mode, the two tables are not available to be selected.
For some reason VAPP thinks these tables have no fields, but they do.

Now it gets wierder... I went back several months over a half-dozen
copies of my DBs and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them acts just like 0.99 in
VAPP! Red color, can't display in User mode, but still has fields.

I have restarted my Mac and it doesn't seem to help. I have done a
Diagnose on both the baseObject itself and on the whole database - both
came up perfect. I have reindexed both the basObject itself and the
whole database with no errors.

The only thing I can think of is that VAPP is maintaining some set of
preferences somewhere that is telling it (incorrectly) that these tables
are faulty in some way.

Note that this is a local implementation, not a server one, so there's
no VSRV issues here...

Any ideas? Ruslan?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software