Problem with running VNET

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Sep 23 19:17:27 CDT 2003

on 9/23/03 5:02 PM, Carsten Ilwig at carsten.ilwig at onlinehome.de wrote:

Hi Carsten,

> Hi Ruslan,
> when I start my C#-projct in VS than I get the following Message:
> A not treated exception of the type ' system. IO.FileNotFoundException ' is
> in unknown module. appeared.
> Additional information: file or Assemblyname 'vnet' or an Dependence of it
> was not found.
>
> What's wrong?

I think you have forget add to your C# project dependency on vnet.lib

> It's the same, if I start an sample-project from the vnet_win_beta folder.
> I use the version 1.9.8 for WIN with 2 dll.

> What should I do with the second dll (vsd.dll)? Where must I do it?

During development it must be located in folder of your project or may be in
folder where will be made .exe.

Other place -- standard system folder for DLLs.
Although I know developers will prefer distribute it close to .exe file
To avoid problems with DLLs

> Thanks for your answer
> Carsten
>
> PS:
> What kind of type is the fieldtype "kID"? Which data can I save in it?

This is internal Valentina type of RecID in fact.
DO NOT use it.

> And an second type-question: Which filedtype is the best, if I'd like to
> store an GUID (Globally Unique Identifiers) in it, which I can create in VS
> with the methode System.GUID.NewGUID().

Probably String[N] where N is length of GUID

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com